HACKED.

All off-topic discussions (not concerning Dream-Evil) are to be held here.
eagleye
Server Administrator

HACKED.

Post by eagleye »

Hello all my account Master5499706 is crashed by an idiot.. Nobody can the pass to it. But when i play on it my screen shake. A guy sended me kinda virus.

So im back on another acc: Ploxed - ill ask you to give this account admi

Account name: ploxed

steam id: STEAM_0:1:17761782

Dont ask why it got crashed.

But im back again. Ty.
B/-\MB@S
Steam Username: B/-\MB@S

Re: HACKED.

Post by B/-\MB@S »

good luck
I HATE CHEATERS
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

I've suspended your old account, but before you talk to me and explain what happened I will not add your new account.
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
KickFoot
Server Administrator

Post by KickFoot »

People aren't very smart nowdays.
eagleye wrote:A guy sended me kinda virus.

You don't have an anti-virus?
eagleye wrote:Hello all my account Master5499706 is crashed by an idiot.. Nobody can the pass to it. But when i play on it my screen shake.
How the hell does someone manage to infect a STEAM account?! That can't be easy...
If it's your account that you are having troubles with why don't you just contact Steam? Bet they can fix whatever for you.
re1ease
Server Administrator
Steam Username: Re1eas3

Post by re1ease »

How the hell does someone manage to infect a STEAM account?! That can't be easy...
Thats easy when you know how to do it and got the right program.
Ingame name: iEaasC
Steam name: Re1eas3
Pre-names: Fishy, Holy X
KickFoot
Server Administrator

Post by KickFoot »

Chris wrote: Thats easy when you know how to do it and got the right program.
So you're saying that you can do it?
You couldn't possibly know unless you know someone who can.
If you don't know how they do it you shouldn't say that they use "the right program". As far as I know some people don't need a program at all.
Doesn't people have anything better to than to infect other people's Steam accounts...
And how can you be so sure it's easy when you know how to do it? I mean, I bet you a 1000 dollars there are people that can hack into the FBI if they'd like to. Just because they can do it doesn't mean they think it's easy.
Chasinlicious
Server Administrator

Post by Chasinlicious »

KickFoot wrote:
If you don't know how they do it you shouldn't say that they use "the right program". As far as I know some people don't need a program at all.
Doesn't people have anything better to than to infect other people's Steam accounts...
And how can you be so sure it's easy when you know how to do it? I mean, I bet you a 1000 dollars there are people that can hack into the FBI if they'd like to. Just because they can do it doesn't mean they think it's easy.
You got a point Kickfoot but "Doesn't people have anything better to than to infect other people's Steam accounts..." I know Several hackers that DDOS people's Internet daily Send keyloggers To F*ck there Accounts up just for the fun of it Goes further to Making Phishing Sites Pretending it to be a Paypal loggin Flooding CSS Servers Some people are just Twats they dont need a reason to hack.
re1ease
Server Administrator
Steam Username: Re1eas3

Post by re1ease »

KickFoot wrote:
My friend spends his days hacking online gaming accounts & guild wars accounts. I bet he could hack steam accs aswell, he told me its easy, i dont know. It might be easy when you got to it and your intressted.
Ingame name: iEaasC
Steam name: Re1eas3
Pre-names: Fishy, Holy X
KickFoot
Server Administrator

Post by KickFoot »

Chris wrote:
KickFoot wrote:
My friend spends his days hacking online gaming accounts & guild wars accounts. I bet he could hack steam accs aswell, he told me its easy, i dont know. It might be easy when you got to it and your intressted.
Yes, hacking an account might be easy. But when your friend used to "hack" accounts he might aswell just have tricked them saying they would get admin on whatever server they'd like by giving him the username and password? Or maybe saying they would get all games on Steam available on their account by giving him their account name and password? It's easy, I have tried. Plenty of people have tried that, and it's not hard at all to get access to someone else's account. Some people are very, very dumb. When I was younger I almost fell for that sort of stuff.
I am just saying that it is way harder to infect a Steam account than hacking it.
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

KickFoot wrote:I am just saying that it is way harder to infect a Steam account than hacking it.
You can't infect a Steam account as it's simply an entry in a database somewhere on Valve's servers. If you were to infect an account, you'd have to hack yourself into Valve's servers (which, by the way, are probably protected with two-way authentications and x number of firewalls) and edit a database entry - which would be utterly useless. It would be like breaking into the White House and steal a cup of coffee.

What you most likely mean is infecting the targets computer with some kind of keylogger than simply records everything he/she types on the keyboard along with screenshots at the time (like usernames and passwords). This is not infecting the account, as such, but it is gaining access to it by force - most likely what Eagleeye was being subject to.

I hope this sheds some light on the subject.
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
NickCPC
Server Administrator
Steam Username: NickCPC

Post by NickCPC »

Doggie52 wrote:
KickFoot wrote:I am just saying that it is way harder to infect a Steam account than hacking it.
You can't infect a Steam account as it's simply an entry in a database somewhere on Valve's servers. If you were to infect an account, you'd have to hack yourself into Valve's servers (which, by the way, are probably protected with two-way authentications and x number of firewalls) and edit a database entry - which would be utterly useless. It would be like breaking into the White House and steal a cup of coffee.

What you most likely mean is infecting the targets computer with some kind of keylogger than simply records everything he/she types on the keyboard along with screenshots at the time (like usernames and passwords). This is not infecting the account, as such, but it is gaining access to it by force - most likely what Eagleeye was being subject to.

I hope this sheds some light on the subject.
Correct. You'd only want someone else's Steam account information to play the games they have bought/are beta testing (or arguably to use cheats with their account and get them VAC banned). No, I'm not giving away my details so you can play Shattered Horizon beta. IIRC, credit card information isn't synced with your Steam account (every time you buy a new game you have to add the payment information manually) so like Doggie says, you can't really even steal money off someone. Doggie's White House analogy is very good.

Besides, the best hackers out there are the people who make sure they are undetected/untraceable AND who have learnt to keep their mouths shut when they've found an exploit. Telling all your hacking friends that you've found a flaw in software means that chances of it being patched/fixed, whatever the scenario, are going to increase exponentially.
Gaming Rig :: Intel Core i7 5820K, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5, EVGA GTX1070, 16GB Corsair DDR4, Corsair H100, BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2, Dell U2410, Fractal Arc Midi, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Red 4TB, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Logitech X-230, Seasonic X-650, 10 Pro x64 | Work Rig :: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Crucial MX100 256GB, AMD Firepro M6100, 17" 1920x1080, 10 Pro x64