Skins

Any discussion concerning Dream-Evil and its servers will be held here.
Virus -.-
Steam Username: Megatron

Skins

Post by Virus -.- »

Could you get a skin so when your an admin on the server you have a diff person than everyone else or that you had admin on your back.?

it would be cool! :D
-.- = VIRUS!
ewil apple
Server Administrator
Steam Username: ewil apple

Re: Skins

Post by ewil apple »

I'm all for that idea!
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Re: Skins

Post by Doggie52 »

Once upon a time we actually had admin-skins, but we quickly removed them. And we have been over this topic countless times before and always come to the conclusion that it's not a good idea - let me explain a few reasons why.

First off, there is only one plug-in available for SourceMod that does the job. It's old, filled with bugs and lacks many features (you can't even turn the skins on/off - they're always on).
Secondly, the adminskins tend to make people TK the admins a lot more. Whatever the reasons for that are, it's annoying.
Thirdly, having skins on the server makes the connection-time increase as the clients have to download all the skins upon entering the server. Considering many people have chosen to disable all server-side skins, the skins aren't even going to show for some people.
Fourthly, what is really the advantage of having adminskins? Nothing - except the "cool-factor" (which in my opinion is really bogus because the skins look extremely ugly anyway!).

Hope this clears some things up. Adminskins are not something we will implement again, unless we see it fit.
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »