New Breakmaps on Dream Evil?

Any discussion concerning Dream-Evil and its servers will be held here.
Chasinlicious
Server Administrator

New Breakmaps on Dream Evil?

Post by Chasinlicious »

Before Dream-Evil was here I used to play on another breakmap server, it was so popular they had to make a 2nd server since the original one was always full, they contained some realy nice maps called breakwall_extremebomb Other one blockbuster10, After 30 minutes people could hold an RTV and it was either one of those 2 or Breakfloor2k5 that was being chosen Personally i think they was pretty good Breakwall was my favorite.

Yesterday Dream Evils breakmap server dissapeared out of my favorites together with some other servers ( happens more often Usually i just go to Steam-Server-Favorites but Im abit lazy :D ) So i Right clicked one of the more known players on our Server and went joining there game Suddenly i was in some new Breakmap Server and I sa Dream-evil Robin Maffu and some more known players of dream evils breakmap server there, I wasnt realy happy about it so i asked them on pm what they was doing there, and this is what they repplied
"Timmy do you remember the old server we used to play on? dude this one has a few of the good maps on it!" Personally i wouldnt Go play on another break map Server I love Dream-Evils community and im not that kind of a person. but i do understand why they are playing there :?

Myself and my real life friend EvilBlackSonic in game been noticing there been allot less players on Dream Evils server, Hes about Rank 7 and im rank 1 Last time I checked so its not like we dont know what were talking about, dont take me wrong Im Proud to be one of Dream-Evils Administrators, im just Suggesting some updates to Keep it up and maybe make it even better! :D

Maps im Suggesting :

BreakwallXtrem_bomb ( could be called Breakwall_Xtrembomb or somthing like that aswell not that sure )
Blockbuster10

If its any help I'll go trough the maps with the Rest of the admins to explain them what there about
Last edited by Chasinlicious on Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ewil apple
Server Administrator
Steam Username: ewil apple

Re: New Breakmaps on Dream Evil?

Post by ewil apple »

Excellent idea! I don't like breaktower maps and breakmaps with bomb defusing. BUT, I'm all for your idea! GE Clans server is always populated (sorry for my continous reference to them). Dream-Evil's server could use some new maps. I love the server and I'm actually usually only playing here. So, hope to hear some fresh ideas!
Doggie52
Site Admin
Steam Username: tstridsberg

Post by Doggie52 »

If you can find a list of maps you think are good, I can download them and test them and see whether they would fit!

So, just grab as many names of maps as you can and I'll go through the whole lot when I have time!
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
ewil apple
Server Administrator

Post by ewil apple »

I really don't like that small map in rotation now, breakfloor2k5 I think. It's so small and rushing can result in a quick death when opponents tend to camp!
So, Chasin, where is the list for supposed new maps? =)
QuiiZ
Server Administrator
Steam Username: hockeydude93

Post by QuiiZ »

I was searching for some good breakfloormaps and I found some.

breakfloor_zero_v2

breakfloor_tactical

breakfloor_snowtime

breakfloor_egg

breakfloor_dust
ewil apple
Server Administrator

Post by ewil apple »

Wow, I've only played breakfloor_dust, but those names sound great! Shall look them up and see how they are! I've always loved snow-themed maps.
PungsparkaN*
Server Administrator
Steam Username: B0nne094

Post by PungsparkaN* »

I have played some of them but was a while ago. Also like snow maps. There are certainly lots of break-floor maps that you have not played.
QuiiZ
Server Administrator
Steam Username: hockeydude93

Post by QuiiZ »

Maybe Doggie should tell us about what he's going to do with the maps I posted above? :)

EDIT:
Oops, I just saw that doggie is on vacation, I'm sorry!
ewil apple
Server Administrator

Post by ewil apple »

Yes, would really love to see fresh maps on the server! Breakfloor2k5 is really the worst breakfloor map I've ever seen. I'm not trying to be rude or something, but that is just how I feel. I usually leave the server when that map comes on. Have a good vacation, Doggie =)!
Doggie52
Site Admin

Post by Doggie52 »

As far as I am concerned, I am not on vacation, but thanks for wishing me a good one anyway ;D .

Sorry for being inactive in this thread, I shall of course check the maps you suggested, QuiiZ! I shall go through them when I have time, hopefully before the end of this week!
« ASUS P7P55D-E LX » « Intel i5 760 4-core @ 2.8GHz » « OCZ Agility II SSD 60GB » « ASUS nVidia GTX260 » « OCZ Reaper 2x2GB CL7 » « CoolerMaster HAF 912 Plus » « Logitech G5 Laser » « 2x PHILIPS 19" @ 1440x900 »
ewil apple
Server Administrator

Post by ewil apple »

So, what's new in this topic? Have you had the chance to overlook those maps, Doggie =)?
Doggie52
Site Admin

Post by Doggie52 »

Thank you for reminding me about this - I had nearly forgotten. I have downloaded the maps, but not yet been able to test them. I will do so either today or tomorrow!
Jipneke
Server Administrator
Steam Username: leroywilly

Post by Jipneke »

Nice idea..
When the maps come online maybe we can have a private check on the maps with several admins as chasin said..

Look what the map is all about and how it's build up.

Hope to see the new map in the server.

BTW: the maps can be outside the mapcycle and than admins can change to the map on request or own decision.

Anyway we'll see :P
Doggie52
Site Admin

Post by Doggie52 »

I've played around on the different maps - and this is what I have concluded:
  • breakfloor2k5_snow - it's just a remake of the original 2k5, still as easy to shoot blocks and still as small and easy to TK on, perhaps good to add spice to map-rotation
  • breakfloor_dust - interesting surroundings, too easy to shoot blocks, interesting grapple hook to get players out of the pit, some evident texture-errors
  • breakfloor_egg - very weird and very plain which makes it incredibly difficult to navigate
  • breakfloor_snowtime - even more weird than the _egg, very badly optimized - even I with my 260GTX GPU had lag- and FPS-spikes
  • breakfloor_tactical - interesting concept with the glass between the spawns, perhaps promotes people to not camp!
  • breakfloor_zero_v2 - same interesting concept as _tactical, but a better looking map in my opinion
I haven't found a map that I love, yet. But I can consider adding one or two of these into the rotation to see how they play - would you people like that?
EvIlBlAcKsOnIc
Server Administrator
Steam Username: evilsonic889

Post by EvIlBlAcKsOnIc »

i like the idea you can always try