Next fightnight?

Questions, suggestions and reports concerning our FightNights can be posted here!
Scoarden

Re: Next fightnight?

Post by Scoarden »

N3bulouz wrote:There are hosting services that offer free servers for CSS i think.
thats good all in all, but are there ones for CS1.6 ?
fruitbowl 1
Server Administrator
Steam Username: joniz_93

Post by fruitbowl 1 »

Anterro wrote:
N3bulouz wrote:There are hosting services that offer free servers for CSS i think.
thats good all in all, but are there ones for CS1.6 ?
Yes there is, you can rent 1.6 servers for free from different hosters. Me and my clan rent servers often when we are going to play pcw so I'm sure we can fix one to the fightnight aswell!
Asus M4A89GTD Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | ASUS EAH5770 + Sapphire Vapor-X HD5770 in CF | Corsair XMS3 Venegeance 2x4GB CL9 | Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB |OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W | Fractal Design Define R4
Scoarden

Post by Scoarden »

okay sounds good :) the last question here is: when? :)
EsketoN
Server Administrator
Steam Username: n0_0nEz

Post by EsketoN »

I can imagine to rent servers to the fightnight, I am a member in like 5 websites where you can rent servers but where should they come from? Frankfurt in Germany, Stockholm in Sweden or Malmö in Sweden? And now I think we need to set a date and a time for the fightnight otherwise I think it will not take place. I would like to have the fightnight this weekend because im not at home next weekend :( I going to switch between the maps de_dust2, de_inferno, de_nuke, de_train, and possibly de_cpl_mill, and de_cpl_strike. Please comment if i forgot any map you want to play or if its a map you don't want to play. Ohh yeah one more question: How long should we play each map? 1 hour or maybe 30 minutes?

//n0_0nE

Gaming is a lifestyle!
fruitbowl 1
Server Administrator

Post by fruitbowl 1 »

I vote for 3 maps, 20 min each or something like that, it depends on how long we're planning to play. I think Malmö is good because many players are from Sweden and the ping should be lower for the once in other countries than if the server was in Stockholm.
Asus M4A89GTD Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.2GHz | ASUS EAH5770 + Sapphire Vapor-X HD5770 in CF | Corsair XMS3 Venegeance 2x4GB CL9 | Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB |OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W | Fractal Design Define R4
fruitbowl 2
Server Administrator
Steam Username: benji_97

Post by fruitbowl 2 »

Indeed fruitbowl 1! :)
EsketoN
Server Administrator

Post by EsketoN »

thanks for your comments fruitbowl 1 and 2. but it is possible to have the fightnight this weekend?

Gaming is a lifestyle!
fruitbowl 1
Server Administrator

Post by fruitbowl 1 »

I'm up for it!
Scoarden

Post by Scoarden »

me too! but only two guys? ;) :D :D
N3bulouz
Server Administrator
Steam Username: beehpz

Post by N3bulouz »

I'm too busy with school. Sorry guys.
fruitbowl 2
Server Administrator
Steam Username: benji_97

Post by fruitbowl 2 »

It's ok for me! =D But n0_0nE, is it CS 1.6 or CS:S?
EsketoN
Server Administrator

Post by EsketoN »

fruitbowl 2, this is for cs1.6 = D

Now I've decided. The fightnight will be in tomorrow, (Saturday) Forgive me for being so late but I have a lot of school at the moment. I will rent the server from brutalcs.nu and I will hire the 19:45 to 21:45.
We will have a warmup 19:45 to 20:00 on de_dust2. Then will I change the map to de_nuke, and so we play it for 35 minutes, then I change the map to de_inferno, and so we play it for 35 minutes and finally we play de_dust2 for 35 minutes.

I will send the ip and password when I have rented the server so you have 15 minutes to check what ip and password is on this thread (if you want to be playing from the beginning) =D, the same comment as the ip and password, I also write how to do to get into server without join a friend =D

I will also advertise for the fightnight on the server from today.

Gaming is a lifestyle!
EsketoN
Server Administrator

Post by EsketoN »

if no one can we can move to sunday...

Gaming is a lifestyle!
EsketoN
Server Administrator

Post by EsketoN »

we will take it on sunday instead=D

Gaming is a lifestyle!
Flubbel
Server Administrator
Steam Username: kleinetapferetoastbrot

Post by Flubbel »

I think there will be enoug player.. I cant join at Sunday! I havent got time Sunday =/
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain =)

People who inspire me: | Maggie Simpson - for being unique ( =D ) | Homer Simpson - for having so much fun in life | Scrat (Squirrel from Ice Age) - for his endurance